If you’re the kind of family that loves building traditions and making memories, then skip the big box store this year and head to one of the local Christmas tree farms near Chattanooga TN. From hot chocolate to bonfires, these enchanting farms have everything you need to hit it big this holiday.
You’ll find a variety of trees to choose from including Virginia Pine, Murray Cypress, Leyland Cypress, and Blue Spruce. Many of the cut-your-own Christmas tree farms also sell pre-cut Fraser Firs that come from neighboring Carolina farms.
Visting the tree farm is just one of the many wonderful things to do this Christmas in East Tennessee.
Christmas Tree Farms Near Chattanooga TN and the Surrounding Counties
1. Cove Christmas Tree Farm
- 654 Kensington Rd Chickamauga, GA 30707
- Distance from Chattanooga: 31 minutes
At Cove Christmas Tree Farm, you will enjoy choose-and-cut trees, Santa visits, and more!
2. Raulston Acres Christmas Tree Farm
- 2572 GA-95, Rock Springs, GA
- Distance to Chattanooga: 33 minutes
- choose-and-cut Murray Cypress, Blue Ice Cypress, Virginia Pine, and pre-cut Frasier Furs
In addition to a variety of Christmas trees, Raulston Acres offers adorable rustic holiday gifts and fresh-made Christmas wreaths in their quaint country store. They also sell yummy apple cider and other refreshments.
3. Wheeler’s Tree Farm
- 1144 Dogwood Valley Road, Tunnel Hill, GA
- Distance from Chattanooga: 36 minutes
- cut-your-own Murray Cypress, and pre-cut Fraser Fir
At Wheeler’s Tree Farm, you can enjoy delicious hot cider, hot chocolate, or coffee as you wander through the scenic rows of lush Christmas trees. The farm also boasts an adorable gift shop that sells a variety of country gifts and fresh-made holiday wreaths.
4. Campbell’s Christmas Tree Farm
- 7503 Walnut Hills Drive, Harrison, TN
- Distance from Chattanooga: 37 minutes
- cut-your-own White Pine, Virginia Pine, and pre-cut Fraser Firs
In addition to amazing Christmas trees, Campbell’s Tree Farm boasts country gifts, fresh-made wreaths, and delicious hot chocolate, and more!
5. Christmas Carroll Tree Farms
- 7206 Highway 95, LaFayette, GA
- 862 Center Grove Road, LaFayette GA
- Distance from Chattanooga: 39 minutes
- choose-and-cut Carolina Sapphire, Murray Cypress, Leyland Cypress, Fraiser Firs
Christmas Carroll Tree Farm has two great locations to choose from. Both have choose-and-cut trees available.
6. Thornhill Farms Christmas Trees
- 15107 AL-71, Pisgah, AL
- Distance from Chattanooga: 47 minutes
- cut-your-ownWhite Pine, Leyland Cyprus, Carolina Sapphire, pre-cut Fraser Fir
Thornhill Farms offers living trees and a variety of choose-and-cut options. With a living tree, the trees go home with a root ball wrapped in a burlap sack, which allows you to plant it after the holidays. You can also purchase gorgeous fresh-made wreaths, rustic country gifts, and more!
Of all the Christmas tree farms near Chattanooga, this one also has the most to do. There are a variety of fun kids’ activities, including a Christmas train ride, a petting zoo, and meet and greets with Santa! Unfortunately, these activities are on hold for 2021, due to current events.
7. Santa Land Christmas Tree Farm
- 2574 Concord Road, LaFayette, GA
- Distance from Chattanooga: 50 minutes
- cut-your-own Leyland Cypress and pre-cut Fraser Firs
In addition to the trees, Santa Land Christmas Tree Farm also sells adorable Christmas ornaments and country gifts. They also sell a variety of tasty treats.
8. Little Mountain Tree Farm
- 3186 Griffith Road, Pikeville, TN
- Distance from Chattanooga: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- cut-your-own white pine
In addition to choose-and-cute White Pines, Little Mountain Tree Farm offers living Christmas trees wrapped in burlap that you can use for landscaping after the Christmas season.
9. Camp’s Christmas Forest
- Distance from Chattanooga: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- 482 Kile Rd, Sweetwater, TN
- Available Trees: choose-and-cut White Pine, Virgina Pine, Scotch Pine, Norway Spruce, Leyland Cypress, Carolina Sapphire Cyprus
Tree prices start around $40. In addition to trees, Camp’s Christmas Forest also sells fresh greenery to help you decorate your home.
10. Young Road Christmas Tree Farm
- Distance from Knoxville: 1 hour, 19 minutes
- 139 Young Rd SW, Cartersville, GA 30120
- Available Trees: cut-your-own Eastern Red Cedar, Leyland Cypress, Virginia Pine, White Pine
In addition to the choose-and-cut trees, Young Road Christmas Tree Farm also has fresh-made Christmas wreaths.
11. Coker Tree Farm Georgia
- Distance from Chattanooga: 1 hour, 42 minutes
- 2280 Macland Rd, Marietta, GA
- cut-your-own Murray Cypress, Leyland Cypress, Carolina Sapphire pre-cut Fraser Firs
Coker Tree Farm is a fun and traditional farm.
12. Bluebird Christmas Tree Farm
- Distance from Chattanooga: 1 hour, 57 minutes
- 985 Brushy Valley Rd, Heiskell, TN
- Available Trees: cut-your-own Leyland Cypress, Virginia Pine, Norway Spruce, pre-cut Fraser Firs
In addition to cut-your-own trees, Bluebird Christmas Tree Farm boasts a festive fire pit with yummy hot cider and hot chocolate. They also have a lovely farm store, which is stocked with a variety of rustic country gifts, jams, and honey.
How to Keep Your Tree Alive
On your drive home, even if it’s a short one, the bottom of your freshly cut tree will likely crust over with tree sap making it impossible for water to enter the tree and keep it alive.
To solve this problem, simply use a hand saw to take a 1/4-1/2 inch off the bottom of the trunk before placing it into the tree stand.
Your tree will drink up to 1 gallon of water each and every day. To keep the tree from drying out, be sure to keep the tree stand filled with water. This will also help to minimize needle shedding.
If you allow the tree to dry out while in the stand, you still run the risk that the sap will crust over the end. At that point, the only way to avoid a dead tree will be to trim the end, yet again. So of course, you want to avoid this.
Not only will proper watering keep your tree vibrant and healthy, but it will also help to prevent an accidental tree fire.
Most of the Christmas Tree Farms near Chattanooga will provide you with a list of instructions for proper tree care when you head home.