Whether you’re looking for a few light screams, or prefer terrified crying in the fetal position, Tri-Cities fright lovers have plenty of haunted attractions to choose from. With 10 different haunted houses in Johnson City TN and the surrounding areas, you’re sure to find the perfect one for you.
From horrifying haunted corn mazes, to elaborate scare houses and zombie attractions, it will be hard to choose just one. Thankfully, many attractions offer combo passes so you can enjoy it all!
Most of the attractions recommend leaving younger kids at home, due to the intensity of the experience. Click any of the business names below to verify the information we’ve provided and get additional details.
For your convenience, this post may contain various affiliate links. As an affiliate, and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. View the disclosure page for more information.
Haunted Houses in Johnson City TN, Bristol, Kingsport, and Beyond
- 172 Big Springs Rd, Elizabethton, TN
- In 2020, this attraction will be open every Friday anad Saturday in October.
Scream seekers, you will travel in style as you are whisked away to the main attraction, a terrifying forest filled with the creatures of your nightmares. Once you’ve had all the scares you can handle, you can wrap up the night with a fast paced zombie laser tag adventure.
- 110 Corn Maze Lane, Elizabethton, TN
- Opening night is October 2, 2020.
This frightful attraction boasts 3 haunted options including a hayride, corn maze, and the infamous Murder Manor.
- 7941 Blue Springs Pkwy, Mosheim, TN
- In 2020, this attraction will be open Friday and Saturday nights.
This fear packed haunted corn maze is sure to have you crying for Mommy! If you seek additional scares, you can also hop aboard the fabulous haunted hay ride. Finally, the farm also offers Zombie Paintball Hunting which gives visitors a chance to shoot their favorite un-dead villains.
- 531 Timbermill Pvt Drive, Bluff City, TN
- Opening day for this attraction is October 2, 2020.
Get lost in a horrifying maze of un-dead and murderous fiends. Food and drink will also be available for purchase.
- 130 Cripple Creek Rd, Watauga, TN
- Opening date TBD
This frightening attraction is an outdoor forested walking trail, that leads you through various themed scare sections. It comes HIGHLY recommended by visitors.
- 3415 Gap Creek Rd, Bulls Gap, TN
- Due to current events, this attraction will be closed for 2020.
On this terrifying trek, you’ll find yourself lost in a corn maze after dark with only the ghouls and goblins to keep you company. Food and drink will also be available for purchase.
- 152 Hales Rd, Jonesborough, TN
- Opening day is September 25, 2020.
Boasting 3 different attractions including a haunted maze, escape room, and zombie lazer tag, this local favorite is sure to please even the most discerning of fright seekers.
- 15128 Lee Hwy, Bristol, VA
- Opening day is October 3, 2020.
At one of the oldest houses in Washington County, the Haunted Holler offers a variety of frightening fun including a real life haunted house, haunted trail, escape house, and zombie paintball experience. Not recommended for children under 12.
- 313 Legion Street in Weber City, VA
- Opening day is September 25, 2020.
This no-touch haunted attraction features a variety of scary themes along the route. Food and drink will also be available for purchase. Not recommended for children under 10.
- 3460 Highway 75, Kingsport
- Opening day is October 2, 2020.
This haunted attraction bills itself as Tri-Cities longest haunt! In addition to the frightening haunted attraction, there is also a bonfire and food available for purchase.
This brand new haunted attraction will be opening in 2021.
As of 2020, this attraction is closed permanentlly. It will not reopen next year.
Frightening Ghost Tours
- various locations in Jonesborough, TN
- tours are going on as scheduled in 2020
This company offers a variety of haunted walking tours throughout Jonesborough, where participants get to use sophisticated paranormal investigation equipment to hunt for real ghosts.
They also offer 2 different classes for aspiring professionals that want to learn how to use paranormal investigation equipment, to hunt on their own.
- tours located in Jonesborough, Johnson City, Dandridge, and More
- In 2020, tours will go on as scheduled.
This comprehensive tour company offers 15 different tour options throughout North East Tennessee and South West Virginia. They also offer ghostly party packages, bus tours, and more!
Halloween Books to share
With these Halloween picks, not only will you have fun reading with your kids, but you’ll also be giving them a little boost academically, without even trying!
- Pumpkin Jack – This book focuses on the life cycle of a pumpkin. After tossing his wilted carved pumpkin into the garden, Tim observes the scientific changes it continues to make throughout the season. When spring comes, Tim makes an awesome discovery!
- Big Pumpkin – In this classic Halloween tale, a witch teams up with some unlikely friends to make a pumpkin pie from the biggest, heaviest, pumpkin they’ve ever seen! But, who will be able to carry it?
- National Geographic Readers: Bats – Vivid photographs and fun facts help introduce kids to the secret world of bats!