The Wheeler’s claim to fame is their fresh pressed apple cider, u-pick apple orchard, and grapes. They also sell a variety of pre-picked apples, apple products, baked goods, canned goods, and gifts in their farm store.
- July – Red Free, Mollies Delicious
- August – Gala, Ginger Gold
- September – Golden Delicious, Jonagold, Empire, Mutzu, Blushing Golden, Truly Winesap, Tennessee Red, Liberty, Courtland, and red Rome Beauty
- October – Fuji, Braeburn, Granny Smith, Arkansas Black, Hardy Cumberland
Fall Grape Varieties:
Niagara, Boco Noir, COncord, Delaware, Marquis, Glenora, Steuben, Vanessa, Venus, Moore’s Diamond, Mare’s Seedless, Buffalo, Van Buren, Fredonia, Reliance, Sheridan, Brighton, Alden, Ontario, Seibel
You-Pick Crops: blueberries, blackberries, tomatoes, and more!
Pick-Your-Own Crops: blueberries, blackberries, rasberries
Pick-Your-Own Crops: strawberries, raspberries and a variety of fresh vegetables
Educational tours are available for schools and groups.
Pick-Your-Own Crops: blueberries
This fabulous farm and orchard offers a variety of pick-your-own crops throughout the year including apples, blueberries, blackberries, peaches, plums, pumpkins, and variety of winter squash.
Fall Fun: In addition to pick-your-own apples and pumpkins, this farm also offers a hay ride. For anyone wanting a less commercialized pumpkin picking experience, this farm will be wonderful!
- July – William’s Pride, Zestar
- August – Gala, Honey Crisp
- September – Fuji, Sweet 16, Wolf River, Jonagold, Yellow Delicious, Cameo, Mutsu, Red Staymen, Northern Spy, Winter Banana, Enterprise, and Braeburn
- October – Fuji, Pink Lady, and Gold Rush
This farms has an amazing pick-your-own strawberry patch which typically runs from late April through May.
In the fall they also have pick-your-own pumpkins, a large corn maze, a hay maze for the little guys, and the largest pig exhibit in East Tennessee!
Mountain Mist Farms offers a variety of u-pick crops, including apples (coming 2020), blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, red and black currants, gooseberries, elderberries, and cherries. They also use their grapes for homemade wine!
In addition to all the u-pick goodies, they also produce local blackberry blossom honey, and wildflower blossom honey, which they sell in their farm store.