This fabulous farm and orchard offers a variety of pick-your-own crops throughout the year including apples, blueberries, blackberries, peaches, plums, pumpkins, and variety of winter squash.
Fall Fun: In addition to pick-your-own apples and pumpkins, this farm also offers a hay ride. For anyone wanting a less commercialized pumpkin picking experience, this farm will be wonderful!
- July – William’s Pride, Zestar
- August – Gala, Honey Crisp
- September – Fuji, Sweet 16, Wolf River, Jonagold, Yellow Delicious, Cameo, Mutsu, Red Staymen, Northern Spy, Winter Banana, Enterprise, and Braeburn
- October – Fuji, Pink Lady, and Gold Rush
Rowell’s sells a variety of apples and apple products in its farm store. According to their website, they grow all their own apples on-site.
- August – Fuji, Gala, Ginger Gold, and Jonathan
- September – Early Stayman, Winesap, Honey Crisp, Macintosh, Shizuka, Red Delicious, Cortland, Golden Delicious, Stark Ultragold, Jonagold, and Rome Beauty,
- October – Mutsu, Cameo, Truly Winesap, Arkansas Black, Red Staymen, Pink Lady, Granny Smith, and Gold Rush
This popular local orchard sells its apples at its restaurant and farm store. The restaurant features fresh apple cider, traditional county cookin’, and a variety of apple baked goods, including their famous fried pies. Yum!
Located just 20 minutes from Ducktown, TN and 1 hour from Cleveland, this popular orchard and farm offers a variety of pick-your-own crops, including apples, strawberries, blueberries and blackberries. Throughout picking season, visitors can also take tractor tours across the farm property.
In addition to u-pick, there is also a farm store with a large variety of pre-picked produce, fresh baked goods, canned goods, and more!
There is also a delicious cafe on-site serving up seasonal favorites for breakfast and lunch, including their famous apple cinnamon bread.
- July – Ginger Gold, June, and Zestar
- August – Blondee, Detroit Red, Gala, Golden Supreme, and Johnathon
- September – Ambrosia, Cameo, Crimson Crisp, Empire, Golden Delicious, Jonagold, Jona Prince, Mcintosh, Mutzu, Red Delicious, Rome Beauty, September Wonder, and Smokehouse
- October – Arkansas Black, Braeburn, Candy Crisp, Fuji, Granny Smith, Gold Rush, Hampshire, Pink Lady, Splendor, Stayman Winesap, Topaz, and Yates
The Wheeler’s claim to fame is their fresh pressed apple cider, u-pick apple orchard, and grapes. They also sell a variety of pre-picked apples, apple products, baked goods, canned goods, and gifts in their farm store.
- July – Red Free, Mollies Delicious
- August – Gala, Ginger Gold
- September – Golden Delicious, Jonagold, Empire, Mutzu, Blushing Golden, Truly Winesap, Tennessee Red, Liberty, Courtland, and red Rome Beauty
- October – Fuji, Braeburn, Granny Smith, Arkansas Black, Hardy Cumberland
Fall Grape Varieties:
Niagara, Boco Noir, COncord, Delaware, Marquis, Glenora, Steuben, Vanessa, Venus, Moore’s Diamond, Mare’s Seedless, Buffalo, Van Buren, Fredonia, Reliance, Sheridan, Brighton, Alden, Ontario, Seibel
Famed for its awesome homemade apple cider, this orchard sells a wide variety of apples and apple products at its farm store. While they do grow most of their own apples, they also sell apples they purchase from other farms.
Apple Varieties: Ginger Gold, Sansa, Gala
This location features a large farm store with a variety of apples, canned goods, baked goods, and more. Although this is not a u-pick farm, the orchard does offer seasonal tractor tours, and school field trips.
- August: Lodi, Pristine, Ginger Gold, Red Free, Caitlin Gala, Gala, and Detroit Red
- September: Honey Crisp, Jonathan, Senshu, Red Delicious, Jonagold, Golden Delicious, Rome Beauty, Mutsu, and Charlie Gold
- October: Stayman, Fuji, York, Arkansas Black, Goldrush, Yates, Granny Smith, Pink Lady, and Cameo
This popular attraction near Chattanooga oozes nostalgic fall fun. It boasts a farm store, gift shop, pie shop, and cafe, which features a wide variety of southern favorites. Their apple-themed treats, including apple dumplings, fried pies, and apple cider donuts really seem to draw a crowd. Yum!
This small orchard sells apples and a variety of apple products, including cider, at its farm store.
In addition to a variety of apples and homemade apple cider, the Apple Barn boasts a winery, country restaurant, general store and more!
Cider Making Demonstration: You and your family can watch the cider making process all throughout the fall, starting just after Labor Day. On Thursdays the apples are juiced, and Fridays the juice is placed into jugs.
Mountain Mist Farms offers a variety of u-pick crops, including apples (coming 2020), blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, red and black currants, gooseberries, elderberries, and cherries. They also use their grapes for homemade wine!
In addition to all the u-pick goodies, they also produce local blackberry blossom honey, and wildflower blossom honey, which they sell in their farm store.