Gather up the blankets and hot cocoa and pile into the car for some good old fashioned holiday fun! Like glittering beacons of Christmas cheer, these hot spots for Christmas lights in Knoxville are sure to bring a smile to everyone’s face.
Even better, a Christmas lights driving tour is also super inexpensive. For just the cost of gas (in most cases), you and your family can make awesome holiday memories that will last for years to come!
Of course, nothing is worse than finding out a house doesn’t actually have lights up, after you’ve already driven there. For this reason, we only include houses and large scale light displays that consistently decorate, year after year. Of course some people do close down their displays without notifying us. So if you find an inactive display, please let us know.
For your convenience, Knoxville and Knox county are listed first, with the surrounding counties following in alphabetical order. As always you can click on any blue attraction link to verify the information provided or get additional details.
You can also get a FREE printable route map at the bottom of the page.
Have an awesome display of your own? Drop your street name and city in the comments, so we can all enjoy the show!
You May Also Like
- Best Skiing Near Appalachia
- 15 Fabulous Christmas Tree Farms in East TN
- 30 Awesome Christmas Events Near Knoxville
Christmas Lights in Knoxville: Large Displays
Christmas in Chilhowee
- Dates: canceled 2020
- Location: Chilhowee Park, Knoxville, TN
Christmas in Chilhowee boasts a fun little driving loop boasts a variety of non-animated light displays, including a colorful drive-through tunnel. These lights will not be up this year but will return next year. The kick-off event typically features train rides, kids’ activities, pictures with Santa, hot cocoa, and more!
- Dates: November 22 – December 30, 2020
- Location: The Pinnacle at Turkey Creek, Knoxville
The Pinnacle will still have a variety of sparkling light displays to adorn Turkey Creek throughout the holiday season, but unfortunately, they will not have their grand Christmas tree this year. The fun kick-off event with kids’ crafts, vendors, pictures with Santa, and a tree lighting is also canceled for 2020 but will return next year.
Light the Park
- Dates: November 24, 2020 – January 1, 2021
- Location: Founders Park, 405 N. Campbell Station Road, Farragut
The glittering displays of Light the Park will be shining brightly throughout the season. Instead of the traditional kick-off event with refreshments and games, special treats and crafts will be available on select dates.
Holiday Festival of Lights
- Dates: December 1 – 31, 2020
- Location: The Cove at Concord Park, Knoxville
The Holiday Festival of Lights is a walk-through light display that boasts thousands of gorgeous lights. This year, the lights will be up for your viewing enjoyment, but there will be no kick-off event.
- Dates: November 27, 2020 – January 3, 2021
- Location: Downtown Knoxville
All local businesses along the Peppermint Trail will be decked out in their most stunning holiday decor. All shops and restaurants on the trail will also feature peppermint themed food and gifts for purchase. You can follow the trail by looking for the peppermint decals along the sidewalks.
Knoxville Christmas Lights: Individual Homes
West Knoxville Light Show
- Location: 11617 Foxford Drive, Knoxville (Farragut)
A large-scale light show set to music. They also have a Halloween light show in October.
West Hills Christmas Light Show
- Location: 7008 Hampshire Dr, Knoxville
A fantastic light show set to music. Tune your radio to 107.1 to enjoy the full show!
Johnson Family Christmas Lights
- Location: 4901 Fragrant Cloud Lane, Knoxville
Another fabulous animated light show synchronized to music.
Boyd Family Christmas Light Show
- Location: 1936 Winter Winds Lane, Knoxville
This popular Christmas light show is synchronized to music.
- Location: 8506 Farmington Drive, Knoxville, TN
Enjoy a great light show synced to music from the comfort of your car. Tune your radio to 98.9 FM to enjoy the show.
- Location: 2433 Bison Dr Knoxville, TN
Tune to station is 98.1 to enjoy the show.
Sterchi Hills Neighborhood
The Sterchi Hills neighborhood tends to have many homes that decorate. Though there are no guarantees from year to year, you should be able to see many gorgeous houses as you drive throughout the area.
Secret City’s Atomic Light Show
- Location: 108 Capital Circle, Oak Ridge
This home does a spectacular job with a stunning Christmas light show synchronized to music.
Howard Family Light Show
- Location: 417 East Drive, Oak Ridge
Tune your radio to 91.7 to hear the synchronized music and this popular animated light show.
- Location: 128 Nebraska Ave., Oak Ridge
In addition to a fantastic Christmas display that draws crowds every year, this house also boasts awesome Halloween and Easter displays.
- Location: 105A Whippoorwill Dr, Oak Ridge
A nice traditional display.
Mariner Point Riverfront Community
- Location: Mariner Point Drive, Clinton TN
Though there are no guarantees from year to year, this neighborhood tends to have many houses that decorate with traditional light displays. It’s a great place to drive around and see multiple houses in one place.
- Location: 924 Montgomery Lane, Maryville
This animated display gets bigger each year and is synchronized to music. The homeowners also give out hot chocolate and candy canes.
Candy Cane Lane
- Location: Remington Park Drive, Maryville
Each year this street is dripping with gorgeous lights. The street entrance is marked with a “Candy Cane Lane” sign, so it’s hard to miss. There is no website for this Christmas attraction, but it goes up every year without fail.
Festival of Trees
- Dates: December 3 – December 31, 2020
- Location: Blount County Court House, Court Street, Maryville
Along the sidewalk outside of the old courthouse, you can enjoy a variety of stunningly decorated Christmas trees in various themes. The trees are donated by local businesses and community members. There is plenty of parking if you want to get out of your car and walk around.
Alcoa Tree Lighting
- Date: Late November 2020 – December 31, 2020
- Location: Springbrook Corporate Center, Alcoa
The tree lighting kick-off event is canceled this year, but usually features a variety of luminary displays, kids activities, music, and more! The tree and various lights are on display all month long. The event is typically held at Springbrook park and will return to its original location next year.
Best Road Houses
- Location: 3236 and 3238 Best Road, Maryville
Each year, Best Road boasts 2 houses side by side that are both completely decked out in colorful holiday lights and decor. The decorations, though not set to music, completely cover their houses and lawns. There are also other houses on the road that decorate as well.
- Location: 2959 West Hills Drive, Maryville
Tune to 97.1 FM to enjoy the show.
Whites Mill Road
- Location: 1340 Whites Mills Rd
Tune to 90.5 FM to enjoy the show.
- Location: 1414 Heartland Dr, Maryville
To enjoy this fun light show, just roll down your window to hear the music.
- Location: 1020 Greenwich Dr, Maryville
- Location: 1725 and 1733 Westcliff Drive.
- Location: 2743 E. Broadway Ave., Maryville
- Location: 103 Sundance Road, Maryville, TN
Victorian Christmas and Tree Lighting
- Date: December 5, 2020
- Location: Cumberland Gap Artist Co-Op, Cumberland Gap, TN
In addition to the tree lighting, you can enjoy a variety of stunning Christmas decor, refreshments, and shopping from local craft vendors.
Christmas at the Clayborne County Court House
- Date: November 14, 2020
Come on down to the courthouse for a gorgeous tree lighting and a festive Festival of Trees. Each tree is stunningly decorated and sponsored by local businesses. The trees will be on display all season long.
Know of a great light display in Cocke County? Comment below and we’ll add it to the list.
Know of a great light display in Grainger County? Comment below and we’ll add it to the list.
Seven Oaks Neighborhood
- Location: Panther Creek Road, Morristown
- Cost: FREE
Numerous houses in Seven Oaks have gorgeous Christmas light displays. It’s a great neighborhood for driving because there should be multiple houses though there are no guarantees.
Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Date: TBA
- Location: Morristown Farmers Market
- Cost: FREE
Ring in the season with a festive and traditional Christmas tree lighting. The tree will remain lit for viewing throughout the month of December.
Christmas on Privet
- Location: 623 Privet Drive, Dandridge, Tennessee
- Cost: FREE
This home boasts a wonderful animated light show set to music. Tune your radio to 87.9 FM to enjoy the show. The light shows are only held on specific days, see the full schedule at the link above. This house is located in the Historic Hills Subdivision, where other houses usually decorate as well, on a smaller scale.
Dumplin Valley Lights
- Location: Dumplin Valley Road, Dandridge TN
- Cost: FREE
Sit back an enjoy this cute light show set to music.
Main Street Lights
- Location: Main Street, White Pine, TN
Each year the shops and businesses in downtown White Pine decorate their store windows and a gorgeously decorated Christmas tree is on display. There is even a tree lighting event to kick off the holiday season!
- Location: Loudon Municipal Park
Enjoy a small but sweet light display at the park throughout December.
Harrison Glenn Neighborhood (closed as of 2020)
- Location: Glenview Drive
If you have visited this home in the past, please note that as of 2020 this house will no longer have a Christmas light display. The owners have moved and will not be doing lights at their new location.
- Location: 10875 US-11, Lenoir City
This large display is one of the most popular each year.
The Trout House
- Location: 312 Country Lane, Loudon, TN 37774
These Christmas lights are a local favorite.
Van Stowe Rd
- Location: Harriman, TN
Almost all the houses on this road have gorgeous Christmas displays. It’s a great place to see a bunch of light displays at once, though there are no guarantees from year to year.
Downtown businesses will be decked out in gorgeous holiday displays. Take a ride down main street, or take a evening stroll for better view.
Historic Harriman Christmas Tour
- Dates: December 14-15, 2019
- Location: Cornstalk Heights Historic District
- Cost: $15/adults, $5/kids
Houses throughout the Cornstalk Heights Historic District, a charming turn-of-the-century neighborhood, will be decked out in historical Christmas decor. Though homes are typically open for tours, this year the tours will be limited outside only. Refreshments will be available at the Hospitality House.
Tree Lighting and Festival of Trees
- Location: Roane State Community College Main Campus, Harriman
In addition to the main Christmas tree, there will also be a forest of decorated Christmas trees, donated by community members. Although the trees will be lit, the tree lighting ceremony which features family-fun games and food vendors is canceled this year.
Annual Christmas Tree Lighting
- Location: Community Center, 201 Patton Ferry Road, Kingston, TN
This giant tree will be on display throughout the month of December. The kick-off event with kids’ activities, caroling, and dog costume contest is canceled this year.
- Dates: Friday before Thanksgiving through Presidents’ Day
- Location: Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg
- Cost: FREE
Each winter, Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg are washed in a rainbow of twinkling light displays. Many of the lights will be visible from your car as you drive around. Others you can enjoy as you meander through local shops and businesses. Throughout Winterfest, you will also be able to catch carolers and other performers throughout downtown Gatlinburg.
Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland
- Dates: November 6, 2020 – January 3, 2021
- Location: Smokies Stadium, Kodak, TN
- Cost: $25 – $100 per car
This popular drive-thru Christmas light display is set to a festive classical music soundtrack, featuring all of your holiday favorites. In addition to the light show, you can also visit Santa’s village with a petting zoo, games, and more!
- Dates: November 20, 2020 – February 28, 2021
- Location: Anakeesta, Gatlinburg, TN
- Cost: $22/adult, $18/child
This season Anakeesta will be transformed into a stunning winter wonderland featuring a variety of stunning light displays, family-fun activities, music, and more!
Smoky Mountain Christmas
- Dates: November 7, 2020 – January 3, 2021
- Location: Dollywood, Sevierville, TN
- Cost: starting at $79/adults, $61/kids (includes full-day park admission)
Each winter, Dollywood is transformed by hundreds of stunning light displays, featuring millions of glittering lights. The displays depict a variety of winter and Christmas themes, including polar bears, penguins, a large scale light show featuring a 50 foot Christmas tree with digital animations, and much more!
Light Up Union County
- Location: throughout Union County
- Cost: FREE viewing
This annual county-wide light display contest will feature a variety of local businesses, schools, churches, individual homes and more. Prizes will be awarded in 3 categories: individuals, organizations, and commercial businesses. So grab your hot cocoa and hop in the car for a colorful tour of the town!
Christmas Books to Share
- Christmas Lights – This fantastic kids book brings the magic of Christmas lights to life, with real twinkling lights on each page.
- Sarah and Duck and the Christmas Lights – Sarah and duck search for the perfect Christmas lights to decorate their home.
- Christmas Lights – This festive picture book takes you on a family driving tour to see the town’s Christmas lights.