Gather up the blankets and hot cocoa and pile into the car for some good old fashioned holiday fun! Like glittering beacons of Christmas cheer, these hot spots for Christmas lights in Knoxville are sure to bring a smile to everyone’s face.
Even better, a Christmas lights driving tour is also super inexpensive. For just the cost of gas (in most cases), you and your family can make awesome holiday memories that will last for years to come!
Of course, nothing is worse than finding out a house doesn’t actually have lights up, after you’ve already driven there. For this reason, we only include houses and large scale light displays that consistently decorate, year after year. Of course some people do close down their displays without notifying us. So if you find an inactive display, please let us know.
For your convenience, Knoxville and Knox county are listed first, with the surrounding counties following in alphabetical order. As always you can click on any blue attraction link to verify the information provided or get additional details.
You can also get a FREE printable route map at the bottom of the page.
Have an awesome display of your own? Drop your street name and city in the comments, so we can all enjoy the show!
You May Also Like
- Best Skiing Near Appalachia
- 15 Fabulous Christmas Tree Farms in East TN
- 30 Awesome Christmas Events Near Knoxville
Christmas Lights in Knoxville: Large Displays
- Dates: November 22 – December 30, 2019
- Location: Chilhowee Park, Knoxville, TN
This fun little driving loop boasts a variety of non-animated light displays, including a colorful drive-through tunnel. A tree lighting and kick-off event will be held on November 22. This event will feature train rides, kids’ activities, pictures with Santa, hot cocoa, and more!
- Dates: November 22 – December 30, 2019
- Location: The Pinnacle at Turkey Creek, Knoxville
A variety of sparkling light displays will adorn Turkey Creek throughout the Holiday season. There will be a fun kick-off event with kids’ crafts, vendors, pictures with Santa, and a tree lighting on November 22.
- Dates: November 25 – January 1
- Location: Founders Park, 405 N. Campbell Station Road, Farragut
Lights will be on nightly throughout the season, but there will be a fun kick-off event with refreshments on the November 25th.
- Dates: Typically begins the weekend before Christmas and runs through December.
- Location: The Cove at Concord Park, Knoxville
This walk-through light display boasts thousands of lights.
- Dates: November 23 – January 6
- Location: Downtown Knoxville
All local businesses along the Peppermint Trail will be decked out in their most stunning holiday decor. All shops and restaurants on the trail will also feature peppermint themed food and gifts for purchase. You can follow the trail by looking for the peppermint decals along the sidewalks.
Knoxville Christmas Lights: Individual Homes
- Location: 11617 Foxford Drive, Knoxville (Farragut)
A large scale light show set to music. They also have a Halloween light show in October.
- Location: 7008 Hampshire Dr, Knoxville
A large scale light show set to music. Tune your radio to 107.1 to enjoy the full show!
- Location: 4901 Fragrant Cloud Lane, Knoxville
Another fabulous light show synchronized to music.
- Location: 1936 Winter Winds Lane, Knoxville
This popular light show is synchronized to music.
This neighborhood tends to have many homes that decorate. Though there are no guarantees from year to year, you should be able to see multiple houses as you drive throughout the area.
- Location: 108 Capital Circle, Oak Ridge
This home does a spectacular job with a stunning light show synchronized to music.
- Location: 417 East Drive, Oak Ridge, TN
Tune your radio to 91.7 to hear the synchronized music.
- Location: 128 Nebraska Ave., Oak Ridge
In addition to a fantastic Christmas display that draws crowds every year, this house also boasts awesome Halloween and Easter displays.
Mariner Point Riverfront Community
- Location: Mariner Point Drive, Clinton TN
Though there are no guarantees from year to year, this neighborhood tends to have many houses that decorate with traditional light displays. It’s a great place to drive around and see multiple houses in one place.
- Location: 924 Montgomery Lane, Maryville
This animated display gets bigger each year and is synchronized to music. The home owners also give out hot chocolate and candy canes.
Candy Cane Lane
- Location: Remington Park Drive, Maryville
Each year this street is dripping with gorgeous lights. The street entrance is marked with a “Candy Cane Lane” sign, so it’s hard to miss. There is no website for this Christmas attraction, but it goes up every year without fail.
- Dates: December 5th – December 31, 2019
- Location: Blount County Court House, Court Street, Maryville
Along the sidewalk outside of the old court house, you can enjoy a variety of stunningly decorated Christmas trees in various themes. The trees are donated by local businesses and community members. There is plenty of parking if you want to get out of your car and walk around.
- Date: December 2, 2019 (kickoff event)
- Location: Springbrook Park, Alcoa
Kick off the Christmas season with a fun tree lighting event, featuring a variety of luminary displays, kids activities, music, and more! The tree and various light will be on display all month long.
Best Road Houses
- Location: 3236 and 3238 Best Road, Maryville
Each year, Best Road boasts 2 houses side by side that are both completely decked out in colorful holiday lights and decor. The decorations, though not set to music, completely cover their houses and lawns. There are also other houses on the road that decorate as well.
- Location: 2959 West Hills Drive, Maryville
Tune to 97.1 FM to enjoy the show.
Whites Mill Road
- Location: 1340 Whites Mills Rd
Tune to 90.5 FM to enjoy the show.
- Location: 1414 Heartland Dr, Maryville
To enjoy this fun light show, just roll down your window to hear the music.
- Location: 1020 Greenwich Dr, Maryville
- Location: 1725 and 1733 Westcliff Drive.
- Location: 2306 Grove St. Maryville
- Location: 2743 E. Broadway Ave., Maryville
- Location: Cumberland Gap Artist Co-Op, Cumberland Gap, TN
In addition to the tree lighting, you can enjoy a variety of stunning Christmas decor, refreshments, and shopping from local craft vendors.
Come on down to the court house for a gorgeous tree lighting and a festive Festival of Trees. Each tree is stunningly decorated and sponsored by a local businesses.
Know of a great light display in Cocke County? Comment below and we’ll add it to the list.
Know of a great light display in Grainger County? Comment below and we’ll add it to the list.
- Location: Panther Creek Road, Morristown
- Cost: FREE
Numerous houses in Seven Oaks have gorgeous displays. Its a great neighborhood for driving, because there should be multiple houses though there are no guarantees.
- Date: December 7, 2019
- Location: Morristown Farmers Market
- Cost: FREE
Ring in the season with a festive and traditional Christmas tree lighting. The tree will remain lit for viewing throughout the month of December.
- Location: 623 Privet Drive, Dandridge, Tennessee
- Cost: FREE
This home boasts a wonderful animated light show set to music. Tune your radio to 87.9 FM to enjoy the show. The light shows are only held on specific days, see the full schedule at the link above. This house is located in the Historic Hills Subdivision, where other houses usually decorate as well, on a smaller scale.
- Location: Dumplin Valley Road, Dandridge TN
- Cost: FREE
Sit back an enjoy this cute light show set to music.
Main Street Lights
- Location: Main Street, White Pine, TN
Each year the shops and businesses in downtown White Pine decorate their store windows and a gorgeously decorated Christmas tree is on display. There is even a tree lighting event to kick off the holiday season!
- Location: Loudon Municipal Park
Enjoy a small but sweet light display at the park throughout December.
- Location: 628 W. Glenview Drive, Lenoir City, TN
This home features a large animated display synchronized to music. Other homes in this neighborhood also decorate on a smaller scale, so it’s a great place to see multiple homes.
- Location: 10875 US-11, Lenoir City
This large display is one of the most popular each year.
- Location: 312 Country Lane, Loudon, TN 37774
- Location: Harriman, TN
Almost all the houses on this road have gorgeous displays. It’s a great place to see a bunch of light displays at once, though there are no guarantees from year to year.
- Dates: 2019
- Location: Harriman
- Cost: FREE
Downtown businesses will be decked out in gorgeous holiday displays. Take a ride down main street, or take a evening stroll for better view.
- Dates: December 14-15, 2019
- Location: Cornstalk Heights Historic District
- Cost: $15/adults, $5/kids
Houses throughout the Cornstalk Heights Historic District, a charming turn-of-the-century neighborhood, will be decked out in historical Christmas decor. Home will be open for tours and refreshments will be available at the Hospitality House.
- Dates: 2019
- Location: Roane State Community College Main Campus, Harriman
In addition to the main tree lighting, there will also be a forest of decorated Christmas trees, donated by community members. There will also be family-fun games and food vendors.
- Date: TBA, typically late November
- Location: Community Center, 201 Patton Ferry Rd.,Kingston, TN
This giant tree will be on display throughout the month of December. There will also be a huge kick-off event with kids’ activities, caroling, dog costume contest, and more!
- Dates: Friday before Thanksgiving through Presidents’ Day
- Location: Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg
- Cost: FREE
Each winter, Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg are washed in a rainbow of twinkling light displays. Many of the lights will be visible from your car as you drive around. Others you can enjoy as you meander through local shops and businesses. Throughout Winterfest, you will also be able to catch carolers and other performers throughout downtown Gatlinburg.
- Dates: November 15, 2019 – January 5, 2020
- Location: Smokies Stadium, Kodak, TN
- Cost: $25 – $100 per car
This popular drive-thru light display is set to a festive classical music soundtrack, featuring all of your holiday favorites. In addition to the light show, you can also visit Santa’s village with petting zoo, games, and more!
- Dates: December , 2019
- Location: Anakeesta, Gatlinburg, TN
- Cost: $22/adult, $18/child
This season Anakeesta will be transformed into a stunning winter wonderland featuring a variety of stunning light displays, family-fun activities, music, and more!
- Dates: November 9, 2019 – January 4, 2020
- Location: Dollywood, Sevierville, TN
- Cost: starting at $74/adults, $61/kids (includes full day park admission)
Each winter, Dollywood is transformed by hundreds of stunning light displays, featuring millions of glittering lights. The displays depict a variety of winter and Christmas themes, including polar bears, penguins, a large scale light show featuring a 50 foot Christmas tree with digital animations, and much more!
- Location: throughout Union County
- Cost: FREE viewing
This annual county wide light display contest will feature a variety of local businesses, schools, churches, individual homes and more. Prizes will be awarded in 3 categories: individuals, organizations, and commercial businesses. So grab your hot cocoa and hop in the car for a colorful tour of the town!
Christmas Books to Share
- Christmas Lights – This fantastic kids book brings the magic of Christmas lights to life, with real twinkling lights on each page.
- Sarah and Duck and the Christmas Lights – Sarah and duck search for the perfect Christmas lights to decorate their home.
- Christmas Lights – This festive picture book takes you on a family driving tour to see the town’s Christmas lights.